From: Arroyo Seco NC Treasurer <email@example.com>
Date: November 7, 2010 7:13:22 PM PST
Bcc: Wendi Riser <WendiRiser@cs.com>, Mark Legassie <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Fwd: ASNC Application for Funds Form Submission (Mark Legassie)
The following $800 community project request for a washer and dryer for the Lacy St shelter is being forwarded to the Animal Welfare Cmte for review.
Arroyo Seco Neighborhood Council, Treasurer
Department of Neighborhood Empowerment
City of Los Angeles
Ph: 323-895-MARK (6275)
From: Mark Legassie <email@example.com>
Date: November 7, 2010 7:01:26 PM PST
Subject: ASNC Application for Funds Form Submission (Mark Legassie)
Reply-To: Mark Legassie <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Organization: ASNC Animal Welfare Cmte
Street Address: 6140 Monterey Rd
City, State, ZIP: Los Angeles, CA 90042
Contact Person: Mark Legassie
Email Address: email@example.com
Contact Person's Telephone: 323-895-6275
Amount Requested ($): $800.00
Funding Need Date (mm/dd/yy): 1/15/10
Total Project Budget if applying for event or capital project ($): $800.00
Donations received (or expected) for this project from businesses, citizens, other gov't entities ($): 0
Community Project Category (select one) - examples provided denote only a sampling of the types of projects available and are not a complete list:
** Animal Welfare - e.g. stray animal rescue, pet adoption events, spay-neuter programs, low-cost vaccinations, micro-chipping
Category name (if none of above):
1. Summary of Request: In the space below, briefly describe the purpose of the request, activities to be undertaken, target population —including ethnicity, gender, income level and estimated number of individuals — geographic focus and other relevant info regarding the request.
** Provide a washer/dryer for the Lacy St Animal Shelter who desparately needs these machines. Some volunteers take home things to wash because their over-used machines break down and can't handle the load.
2. How will the community be impacted by the proposed project and how will it benefit the neighborhood? Rationale: Community projects must directly benefit ASNC communities. Concerns about who & how many individuals will benefit from such projects also need consideration. Issues of access and fairness need to be addressed (e.g. if a project is approved to plant trees on one street corner, justification should be provided as to why that street corner needs trees or clean-up versus other street corners).
** This animal shelter serves all of the stakeholders of ASNC. The benefits are obvious, since helping homeless animals is in the interest of all citizens.
3. How has your organization attempted to obtain donations from local businesses, citizens, and/or govŐt agencies to offset expenses for this community project?
Rationale: Community groups cannot expect all funding to be provided by ASNC but should first look for other sources, including businesses, citizens, council districts, public agencies (e.g. Cultural Affairs), and other affected neighborhood councils.
** Our NC will purchase a low-cost washer/dryer for the shelter. No other assistance is needed for this purchase due to the low amount.
4. In what ways will the ASNC's financial support of this project be acknowledged & publicized? Examples: ASNC sponsorship mentioned in a prominent way on outreach materials, listed on the event or sponsoring group's website as a financial supporter, and listed in printed programs and display tables. (Note: The ASNC should be asked to provide appropriate text and design for advertising).
** The shelter will place a placard note on the washer and dryer that they were purchased thanks to donations from the Arroyo Seco Neighborhood Council.
5. If this is for a capital improvement project, specify location and permits obtained (or in-process of obtaining). Provide copies of permits and insurance with application. Rationale: Capital improvement projects should be on public property, with coordination with the appropriate city agency (i.e. Street Services, Fire, Rec & Parks, etc). Appropriate permits need to be in place, and insurance may be required depending on the nature of work that will be performed.
6. If this is for program services (ie. after-school program, graffiti removal, etc), describe the selection process used to establish participants if for select group of individuals. Provide number of participants.
Rationale: If for a select group of individuals, a fair selection process should be created to establish participants. The service program needs to be provided by a legitimate non-profit/consultant. A neighborhood council or its members should not provide these services.
7. If this is for equipment and supplies, describe specifically who will benefit and how it will be controlled. Rationale: Equipment and supplies for either public or private organizations can only be used for the benefit of the local community. Purchases intended for private and/or paid use are not allowed. Must be labeled as ASNC-purchased material and properly controlled/inventoried. Cannot be turned into private property or salvaged without prior approval by Dept of Neighborhood Empowerment (DONE).
** The shelter will benefit from the use of this washer and dryer -- it will be controlled by shelter workers.
8. If this is for an event, describe the intended audience, location and entry requirements. Rationale: Events must be open to the public. There should not be an admission charge. If the event is on private property, insurance may be needed. If the event is on city property, appropriate permission/permits from city departments may be needed (i.e. street services, LAPD, R&P, etc)
9. If this is for a sign, banner or advertisement, describe the contents. Provide a copy of the artwork with the application. Note: Banners, signs and advertisements must include the Arroyo Seco Neighborhood CouncilŐs name and/or logo.
10. Other - please provide other important information necessary to better understand your organization or the specific needs of the targeted group or community that this request will serve.
DECLARATION: By checking the box below the applicant named above declares that the information provided in this form is correct. Agree
This application requires the following supporting documents be provided to ASNC before approval can be obtained. EMAIL DOCUMENTS TO ASNCTREASURER@GMAIL.COM. Check all boxes that apply. Copy of estimate/invoice (actual bill req'd for payment), Letter of acknowledgement & thanks from receiving agency
Date/Time: 2010-11-07 19:01:26 PST
Sender IP: 18.104.22.168 [United States] | rmdd3heshsb6jumh