From: Arroyo Seco NC Treasurer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: September 3, 2010 9:35:23 PM PDT
Subject: [ASNCAdmin] Fwd: ASNC Application for Funds Form Submission (Wendi Riser)
The following request for up to $180 in ASNC community project funds to support the Hermon Clean Team has been forwarded to the Hermon LI Committee for review.
Arroyo Seco Neighborhood Council, Treasurer
Department of Neighborhood Empowerment
City of Los Angeles
Ph: 323-895-MARK (6275)
Begin forwarded message:
From: Wendi Riser <email@example.com>
Date: September 3, 2010 8:44:41 PM PDT
Subject: ASNC Application for Funds Form Submission (Wendi Riser)
Reply-To: Wendi Riser <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Organization: Hermon Clean Team
Street Address: 6276 Pine Crest Dr.
City, State, ZIP: LA CA 90042-4347
Website (if any): HermonLA.org
Contact Person: Wendi Riser
Email Address: email@example.com
Contact Person's Telephone: 323.258.4654
Amount Requested ($): not to exceed $180.
Funding Need Date (mm/dd/yy): October 10, 2010
Total Project Budget if applying for event or capital project ($):
Donations received (or expected) for this project from businesses, citizens, other gov't entities ($):
Sweat equity: 10+ people volunteer 1 1/2 hours every month to clean Hermon
Community Project Category (select one) - examples provided denote only a sampling of the types of projects available and are not a complete list:
Environment & Beautification - e.g. energy conservation, recycling, tree & flower planting, graffiti cleanup, community gardens, roadside cleanup, park improvements. Instructions: Complete Items 1-6 below (Item 8 optional)
Category name (if none of above):
1. Summary of Request: In the space below, briefly describe the purpose of the request, activities to be undertaken, target population —including ethnicity, gender, income level and estimated number of individuals — geographic focus and other relevant info regarding the request.
Example: Purchase sign for a community clinic that serves more than 1,000 low-income individuals, predominately, Latino & Asian immigrants in the Montecito Heights, Hermon & Sycamore Grove areas.
Purchase 3 vinyl banners to be placed on the main coridors of Hermon one week prior to monthly "Hermon Clean Team" to grow our volunteer base. The "Clean Team" is now entering our 8th year of monthly clean-ups in Hermon.
2. How will the community be impacted by the proposed project and how will it benefit the neighborhood? Rationale: Community projects must directly benefit ASNC communities. Concerns about who & how many individuals will benefit from such projects also need consideration. Issues of access and fairness need to be addressed (e.g. if a project is approved to plant trees on one street corner, justification should be provided as to why that street corner needs trees or clean-up versus other street corners).
The more volunteers we can attract from the banners, the more streets in Hermon we can clean.
3. How has your organization attempted to obtain donations from local businesses, citizens, and/or govÕt agencies to offset expenses for this community project?
Rationale: Community groups cannot expect all funding to be provided by ASNC but should first look for other sources, including businesses, citizens, council districts, public agencies (e.g. Cultural Affairs), and other affected neighborhood councils.
One citizen has always paid for donuts before cleaning begins, and water bottles for everyone towards the end of the clean-up. The City provides gloves, bags, paint, rollers, brushes, and rags to paint over graffiti.
4. In what ways will the ASNC's financial support of this project be acknowledged & publicized? Examples: ASNC sponsorship mentioned in a prominent way on outreach materials, listed on the event or sponsoring group's website as a financial supporter, and listed in printed programs and display tables. (Note: The ASNC should be asked to provide appropriate text and design for advertising).
The ASNC will be thanked through the "All Things Hermon" community e-newsletter, at the next Hermon Local Issues meeting and "Clean Team" members will be advised.
7. If this is for equipment and supplies, describe specifically who will benefit and how it will be controlled. Rationale: Equipment and supplies for either public or private organizations can only be used for the benefit of the local community. Purchases intended for private and/or paid use are not allowed. Must be labeled as ASNC-purchased material and properly controlled/inventoried. Cannot be turned into private property or salvaged without prior approval by Dept of Neighborhood Empowerment (DONE).
The Hermon community members will benefit by being reminded of an upcoming opportunity to volunteer in improving their neighborhood. The banners will be labeled "ASNC purchased" and stored in the coordinator's home when not in use
9. If this is for a sign, banner or advertisement, describe the contents. Provide a copy of the artwork with the application. Note: Banners, signs and advertisements must include the Arroyo Seco Neighborhood CouncilÕs name and/or logo.
THIS SATURDAY 8am!
MEET BY MONTEREY DONUTS
FREE "CLEAN TEAM" T-SHIRT
9. Other - please provide other important information necessary to better understand your organization or the specific needs of the targeted group or community that this request will serve.
We want to add new members to the group as 7 of our group are now over 60. Four to 10 other members drop by when they can.
DECLARATION: By checking the box below the applicant named above declares that the information provided in this form is correct. Agree
This application requires the following supporting documents be provided to ASNC before approval can be obtained. EMAIL DOCUMENTS TO ASNCTREASURER@GMAIL.COM. Check all boxes that apply. Copy of estimate/invoice (actual bill req'd for payment)
Date/Time: 2010-09-03 20:44:41 PDT
Sender IP: 184.108.40.206 [United States] | rmdd3heshsb6jumh