ARROYO SECO NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL (ASNC)
A G E N D A
MONDAY, MAY 24, 2010 Š 07:00PM TO 09:30PM
RAMONA HALL COMMUNITY CENTER
4580 North Figueroa St., Los Angeles, CA 90031
Supporting documentation for this meeting can be found at:
http://www.asnc. us/2010-archives /05-May/_ 0510archives. htm
I. CALL TO ORDER Roll call. Chair's Comments (Hank Shaeffer, 5 minutes)
II. SECRETARY’S REPORT.
1. Approval of Minutes of April 26, 2010 Meeting.
III. INSTALLATION OF NEWLY ELECTED BOARD MEMBERS.
IV. ELECTION OF OFFICERS. The incoming Board will determine, in its discretion, whether to elect permanent officers, or to elect interim officers, pending the filling of vacancies.
“Moved that, out of fairness to the people who will shortly fill the vacant 6-7 (of 19) seats by "special election," the Board should postpone electing permanent officers for all but the office of Treasurer (for financial viability) until such time as most vacancies are filled. Instead, at its first meeting, it should elect an acting president – to convene the next few meetings, and an acting secretary – to handle minute-taking and record-keeping [Joseph Riser]
V. PUBLIC COMMENT. Comments from stakeholders, the public and the Board on non-agenda items within the Board’s jurisdiction (limited to two minutes per speaker/ sign speaker card before meeting.)
VI. COMMENTS FROM PUBLIC OFFICIALS AND THEIR REPRESENTATIVES
1. BOARD OF EDUCATION VICE PRESIDENT YOLIE FLORES
4. OFFICE OF THE MAYOR
6. CITY CLERK
VII. TREASURER’S REPORT. (Mark S. Legassie)
VIII. ACTION ITEMS. Funding Requests and Related Matters.
1. Review and approval of FY2011 ASNC Budget. [Mark S. Legassie]
2. WEB SERVICES PROVIDER. Moved that the ASNC Board select a Web services provider for the fiscal year 2010-11 from among those responding to its request for proposal -- under recommendation from the Communications & Outreach Committee, working with the current volunteer Webmaster -- and authorize the Treasurer to make the
appropriate payment arrangements with the selected provider for the quarterly stipend of $400 previously approved. [Communications & Outreach Committee]
VII ACTION ITEMS. Non-Finance Related.
1. RECRUITMENT OF CANDIDATES FOR VACANT ASNC BOARD POSITIONS. Discussion of efforts to recruit new candidates for vacant Board positions [Communications & Outreach Committee]
2. ARROYO SECO PARKWAY DESIGNATION. Caltrans has submitted an application for listing the Arroyo Seco Parkway on the National Register of Historic Places. The State office of Historic Preservation currently is reviewing the application for consideration later this year. Moved that the ASNC would like to become an official interested party and participate in the review through public comments [Recreation, Culture and the Arts]
IX. COMMITTEE AND OTHER REPORTS.
1. Local Issues.
(b) Montecito Heights
(c) Monterey Hills
(d) Mount Washington
(e) Sycamore Grove
2. Communications and Outreach (Joseph Riser)
3. Budget and Finance (Mark Legassie)
4. Recreation, Culture and the Arts (Martha Benedict)
5. Environment (Jerry Schneider)
6. Community Garden (Paula Sirola)
7. Public Safety (Mark Legassie)
7. Rules and Elections (Tom Marble)
X. REPORTS FROM LIAISONS. (10 minutes)
1. LOS ANGELES NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCILS COALITION (Ann Walnum)
2. MW ELEMENTARY SCHOOL MULTIPURPOSE ROOM (Ann Walnum)
3. FRIENDS OF SOUTHWEST MUSEUM (Ann Walnum)
4. DIRECTOR OF ANIMAL WELFARE (Lezle Stein, email@example.com, 323-225-6700)
XI. NEW BUSINESS (Committee referrals and/or future Board agenda items). (10 minutes)
1. Comments from the Board on subject matters within its jurisdiction, and suggestions for future agenda items.
2. Future meeting dates and locations (President or Interim President)
Next meeting dates: June 28, 2010 and July 26, 2010 at 07:00PM, Ramona Hall Community Center.
Funding requests: Unless otherwise stated in the approved motion, any funds appropriated for community projects as a result of this meeting’s actions: (1) will be drawn from the 2009-10 ASNC budget; and, (2) under ASNC standing rules, expenditure of any such funds must begin within 6 months or the appropriation will automatically lapse.
The public is requested to fill out a “Speaker Card” to address the Board on any item of the agenda prior to the Board taking action on an item. Comments from the public on Agenda items will be heard only when the respective item is being considered. Comments from the public on other matters not appearing on the Agenda that is within the Board’s subject matter jurisdiction will be heard during the Public Comment period. Public comment is limited to 2 minutes per speaker, unless waived or adjusted in the interest of fairness, by the presiding officer of the Board. The agenda is posted for public review at Mount Washington Elementary School Bulletin Board, Carlin G. Smith Recreation Center, supermarket at Avenue 45 and Figueroa Street, art gallery at 4108 N. Figueroa Street, Montecito Heights Senior Center, Montecito Heights Recreation Center; adult day healthcare center at Avenue 60 and Monterey Road, as well as the ASNC’s official Website at www.ASNC.us, and distributed via the ASNCalert Yahoo Group (opt-in E-mail listserv). As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices, or other auxiliary aids and/or services may be provided upon request. To ensure availability of services, please make your request at least 3 business days prior to the meeting you wish to attend by contacting Naheed Qureshi, Dept. of Neighborhood Empowerment Project Coordinator, at (213) 473-5391.
Process for Reconsideration: The Board may reconsider and amend its actions on items listed on the agenda in accordance with Robert’s Rules of Order.
In compliance with Government Code section 54957.5, non-exempt writings that are distributed to a majority or all members the Board of Representatives in advance of a meeting may be viewed at the neighborhood council Website by clicking on/visiting the link at the top of the agenda, or at the scheduled meeting.